Some of your questions may be answered below. For further assistance please use the contact form or call us at 1.877.518.5187.
Search the FAQs
Use the form below to search the FAQs
Yes, but keep in mind it can be expensive particularly for sizes over 24″ on a side. Please email us your postal code, city and country, as well as the size, quantity and material you’re interested in and we’ll put together pricing for you. The website currently only allows US and Canadian orders to be fulfilled online.
All prints are finished within 4-6 business days (We offer a rush option for 2 business days - see next question) (8 to 10 business days for custom sized orders) from the time the order is placed (we do not work weekends) and then shipped choosing one of our shipping options (We use FedEx). You can choose Ground shipping, 2-day, 3-day or Next Day Air shipping. Once you type your information in the checkout area these expedited options will appear.
NOTE: Ground shipping takes one week to get to the east coast since we're based in Seattle. See the map to the left for shipping times. All of WA, most of OR and some of ID is just one business day with ground shipping!
Yes! Rush orders are available at a cost of 15% of the order. Rush orders get out our door in 2 business days with the first business day cut off at 12PM PST. You can choose the rush option at checkout.
Orders for standard sizes using Canadian and US shipping addresses should be placed online for our convenience as well as yours, but if you'd prefer to place an order by calling in your information we can do that.
If you are ordering with an international billing address or need to ship outside the US or Canada, we will need to place the order for you. You may contact us with your payment information.
If you are ordering any custom sizes to be shipping in the US and Canada, we create a quote and payment link for you to place the order securely online. You may contact us with your size, material, preferred paper and biling/shipping information.
You may submit a check or money order online, but please note that we will not begin to produce your order until we have received the check or money order and the funds have cleared, so it can add a week or more to production time. We highly recommend paying via Paypal or credit card (we accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express)
BumbleJax is committed to superior products and customer service. We go the extra mile to make sure our customers are happy, but please know we can't be held responsible for the following:
- Spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors made by the customer.
- Errors in selected options such as material, quantity, paper type or cropping. Please be sure to review your order and make sure it's what you want!
- Damage to your print not related to transit (ie dropping your print)
- Exact color matching what you see on your end. Our print experts do a great job and while we have an ICC color profile we can send you, if you are very particular about exact color matching we recommend ordering a small paper proof first to make sure. We also offer proofs of the acrylic product to see how your image will look behind the acrylic (excludes backing and hanging material).
Returning Your Product
- Please inspect the product as soon as you can and notify us immediately of any shipping damage or other issues. We would also greatly appreciate pictures of the damage in order to file a claim with FedEx. We must be notified via email or live chat within 10 calendar days of receiving your print.
- If no such claim is made within 10 days, Bumblejax and the customer will understand that the print has been accepted. By accepting the print, the customer acknowledges that Bumblejax performance has fully satisfied all terms, conditions and specifications. You will need to keep all original packaging and contents until the claim resolution process is finished.
- Return any item in original packaging within 30 days of receipt. We will issue a refund for the purchase after we receive the piece back into our gallery and give it a quick look.
- Shipping charges are not refundable.
- You are responsible for return shipping costs.
- We strongly encourage you to return your item via a trackable method.
- Please fill out the return form and include in your return package.
It depends on when you want to cancel. Our systems are highly automated and some orders go into production almost as soon as they are submitted, but typically you would have a couple days to change your mind. Once an order is actually in production it is too late to cancel the order, and we cannot guarantee that we will be able to cancel any order.
Please contact us via email, phone (1-877-518-5187) or live chat (if available) to cancel your order and please include your order number so we can identify it in our system. Your email will be addressed promptly, but it would help to put "Cancel Order" in the subject line.
Absolutely! Just sign in to your account and go to your order history. From here, you can re-order any print that you have purchased in the past by hitting the reorder link next to the purchase.
This is a question we get a lot, particularly for the acrylic face mount process. Here are the requirements for sending is your own print for the acrylic mounting process.
- Bleed: We need 4" on either side of the shortest side and 1/4" bleed on the other 3 sides. For example if you were supplying us a 30x20" print would be 30.5"x24.25" print when including white space.
- We are not responsible for damage to customer supplied prints. The face-mounting process is difficult and prints do get damaged on occasion (air bubbles, spec of dust). We recommend you send 2 prints of each so we have a back up in case something happens. It's OK to just send one, but if something happens and we need to do it again, it slows down the process.
- We do not recommend the mounting process for prints that aren't easily duplicated.
- Must be an inkjet print.
- The paper must be a gloss or satin photo paper. The paper needs to be as smooth as possible or it may show an orange peel effect.
All of our prints come off the HP Designjet z6100 and z6200.
Our standard paper is an Ilford Omnijet Satin Photo RC 10mil paper and our metallic paper upgrade is aLexjet Sunset Metallic Photo Paper.
Our HP Vivera pigment inks are rated to last in excess of 100 years without fading. (indoors and out of direct sunlight and high humidity).
Keep all prints out of sunlight, high humidity and warm areas. Also, it is a good idea to rotate artwork so that the same light is not cast on the image year after year.
We have years of experience in printing, print-design and photography and are very particular about our print quality. Computer hardware varies substantially – specifically, monitors and CRT displays. It would be impossible for us to claim that the image on your screen will look the same on our screen, let alone our printed reproduction. However, we do utilize color profiling software to generate the most accurate reproductions possible. We highly suggest purchasing a small proof if exact color matching is critical.
As for resolution concerns, our online order system is setup to detect that the image has enough resolution to print at a particular size. In the rare case an image gets through our system that doesn't have enough resolution to print to our standards we will contact you. You might be surprised but some customers prefer a bit of a low resolution look!
All prints can be wiped with a lint free, slightly damp cloth.
Be careful with the acrylic as it can scratch easily and do not use Windex on these. We now sell a soft cloth and special cleaner designed for the acrylic which can be ordered online from our acrylic page. It's designed to clean and polish while removing minor scratches.
Do not store prints in areas with extreme temperature change such as storage units. Keep all prints out of sunlight, high humidity and overly warm conditions.
150 DPI (or 300 ppi) will get you a great looking print, but we have great success at lower DPI. Note that lighting, file compression and the type of camera can all effect the final outcome of the print. Do not re-save your .jpeg file over and over again which can result in poor image quality. The Bumblejax photo configuration engine will analyze the horizontal and vertical pixel counts and determine which sizes will be best suited for the uploaded image. If we find that an image is less then suitable for reproduction, we will be sure to contact you.
Yes, all prints are ready to hang on your wall right out of the box! Each print comes with a drywall hook and instructions (no tools necessary). Do not hang prints directly above sleeping areas or where people will be hurt if print falls off of the wall due to earthquake or hanging hardware malfunction. Each drywall hook can hold up to 50+lbs.
Absolutely, but can't begin production until the check or money order has been deposited and cleared. We recommend paying via Paypal or credit card to receive your print as quickly as possible.