Transform Your Digital Photos Into Gallery Quality Art With Acrylic Photo Mounting
Not All Acrylic Prints Are Created Equally! What Are The Differences?
Whether you have your beautiful prints mounted in a traditional way with glass and frame or in a more modern way with our acrylic frameless photo mounts, it’s important to know the differences in how it’s made because it can affect color as well as durability.
Direct Print vs Face Mount: There are many companies printing directly to the acrylic. It’s a cheaper option, but you don’t get the full color gamut or richness that you would get printing to high grade photo paper. Here at Bumblejax we we believe in printing to high quality paper and then face mounting your image to acrylic for the absolute greatest color quality and vibrancy.
Stand Off Bolts: Most companies will use stand off bolts in each corner to provide a way to hang or attach two acrylic pieces. Again, it’s a cheaper way to go, but we believe this is distracting and takes away from the center of attention which should be your photo! Our hanging and floating mechanism is completely hidden so it appears your art is floating off the wall. No frame, no bolts, just your vibrant image.
Dibond vs Sintra vs No Backer: This is real important particularly for larger pieces. The backing material is very important to stabilizing your acrylic photo mount over time and there is no better material than Dibond. ALL our pieces ship with a dibond backer and we wouldn’t consider using anything else (we switched to Dibond from Sintra very early on). Lots of companies use either Sintra which is cheaper and offers less stability or no backer at all if they are printing directly. We will never sacrifice quality for cost cutting measures here at Bumblejax and we pride ourselves on perfection. We want to make sure you’re informed of the potential differences in acrylic prints. To help you in your research we created a guide of all the options you’ll want to consider including the aforementioned. Check it out here!
Acrylic Face Mounting Suggested Reading:
What To Look For When Buying An Acrylic Face Mount (not all products created equally!)
History Of Acrylic Face Mounting (Also called Diasec)
Acrylic Prints vs. Metal Prints (A Photographers Review)
Get Acrylic Prints Like Peter Lik
Acrylic Face Mounted Prints: Stunningly Beautiful & Modern
- NEW! Acrylic Proofs. Now offering acrylic proofs without backing material and hanging hardware so you can see how your photo looks behind acrylic at a fraction of the price.
- NEW! 1/4″ Acrylic. Now offering 1/4” acrylic as an upgrade (available as an option at the acrylic configuration page).
- NEW! Diamond Polished Edges Now offering diamond polished edges on your acrylic face mounts for both the 1/8″ standard prints and the 1/4″ upgrade. Offers a smooth, clear finish to the edge. Available for all standard sizes and custom sizes up to 45″ on the longest side.
- Modern.The frameless face mount behind the acrylic really showcases the image in a way a traditional frame can not.
- Durable. Provides the perfect protection for your print. Won’t break and wipe it clean! Also available for ordering now is a cleaning solution and cloth designed specifically for the acrylic. Don’t use Windex.
- Popular. While relatively unknown to the general public, it’s our best selling product and popular with photographers particularly on the east coast.
- Unique. Sure to be a gem among a sea of traditional frames.
- Vibrancy. The acrylic creates a near 3-D effect and the colors really pop! Why? Acrylic has unique properties over glass in that light bounces around within the acrylic, illuminating the image.
- Acrylic + Metallic = WOW. Enhance the 3-D effect and vibrancy a bit more with our metallic paper option! More than half our customers choose the upgrade.
- It’s Personal!. We don’t just create art here at Bumblejax, we create memories. A photo of that vacation, your wedding or your child is transformed into beautiful, gallery quality art.
Video doesn’t do it justice, but…. it’s another good way to get a sense of this spectacular medium. The first video is a shot of a very large acrylic mount we produced for a local digital artist using metallic paper and it was stunning. The 2nd video shows our process of creating the acrylic art (note: a few small changes have been made in the process since this was shot).
|Video 1 ::: Acrylic Photo Mount With Metallic Paper||Video 2 ::: The Process!|
- Experienced. Our in house craftsmen have years of experience in the industry
- Gallery Quality. We are meticulous about making sure your print is perfect.
- Free Image Consulting & Color Correction. We won’t nickel and dime you for quality service. We just want you happy.
- Passionate. Your art is our passion and we pride ourselves on outstanding customer service.
- Quick Turnaround. Your art will ship out within a week!
- Ready To Hang. Comes with doug fir floater blocks and easy hanging hardware with no tools required.
- Superior Customer Service. We pride ourselves on offering the kind of support that isn’t matched in this industry.
- Over 500 Five Star Reviews. See our testimonials page to see what our customers have to say.
Pricing & Shipping Info
Pricing for our standard sizes is listed above. If you need a custom size, give us a shout and we’ll get a quote to you quickly. We can do very large acrylic face mount pieces up to 96×48”.
Standard shipping charge is 8% per order, but expedited shipping options are available as well. Our standard production time is 4-6 business days, but we also provide a Rush Order option which gets your order out our door in 2 business days (12PM PST cutoff for 1 business day).
Questions? Call us toll free at 1-877-518-5187 or email
Get started creating your acrylic photo art today by heading over to our super simple acrylic configuration page. Just upload, choose your size, any upgrade options and voila! Your art will be at your door before you know it and ready to hang.
NEW! Our large acrylic prints look terrific hanging on your wall and now we have a terrific product for your desk or mantle – acrylic photo blocks! These stunning 1″ thick, polished works of art illuminate your image like no other medium. Get all the info on these free standing acrylic photo blocks here.